The Resolute secure residential program is a 106-bed specialized treatment facility for adolescent males between the ages of 11-21 who have a history of demonstrating sexually maladaptive behaviors in addition to the other emotional and behavioral impairments. Residential treatment here at Resolute is a unique multi-faceted therapeutic program designed to give every child a chance to succeed academically, socially, and emotionally.
Treatment at Resolute is designed based upon individual needs making sure to address each patients unique recovery needs. We use a multidisciplinary team approach to treatment consisting of the child’s family, physicians, therapists, nurses, teachers, and youth care specialists. Through a variety of therapeutic methods we help our residents establish more appropriate coping skills, learn how to manage their impulsive behaviors, and develop better social skills. Additionally, we emphasize specific treatment aspects including development of appropriate relationships, moral development, personal and social responsibility, and self-understanding.
At Resolute Treatment Center special attention is given to family involvement and every effort is made to ensure regular family contact and communication. Additionally, we focus on rapid achievement of appropriate community or home passes to begin practicing and implementing learned treatment concepts and skills. We believe that a strong family support system greatly enhances each child’s success and prognosis in the recovery process. All family members are encouraged to be part of the treatment team and assist in guiding the care for their child. Furthermore, each child is viewed as unique and each family is viewed as the expert in providing input and guidance regarding their child.
Resolute treatment components include:
- Structured Secure Milieu
- 24-Hour Supervision
- Psychological Testing
- Clinical Polygraph
- Relapse Prevention and Protection Planning
- Specialized Ancillary Groups(i.e.: Assault Cycles, Trauma Outcome, and Healthy Relationships)
- Sexual Process Groups
- Regular Individual, Group and Family Therapy
- Multidisciplinary Treatment Team Meetings
- On Site Accredited Education Services
- Reunification and Aftercare Planning
Appropriate referrals for our residential program may include:
- Males between the ages of 11-21
- IQ greater than 70
- A substantiated or adjudicated offense OR acknowledgement of sexually maladaptive behaviors and an indication that there is a motivation for treatment
- Displays potential to benefit from therapeutic residential placement
- DSM diagnosis with substantiation of the pervasiveness of the disorder
- Deemed incapable of benefiting from a less-restrictive level of care